Cutouts & A Rant

cutouts
(Click picture to shop)


Cutouts are everywhere you look these days. From shirts to shoes to bags, you just can't get away from this fun trend that is perfect for spring and summer.

I've focused on a cute little button-up shirt to show you a few different ways that you could wear this trend.

cutouts1
(Click here to shop)


cutouts2
(Click here to shop)

I can definitely see myself wearing all of these outfit sets, but my favorite is probably the last. I don't usually wear skirts and when I do, they tend to be made of leather. This little flippy skirt is so cute, though, and I love the chunky heel shoe with it as well.

Now on to my rant:

Lately I've decided that I want to start embracing pieces that I don't typically wear. I seem to always stay stuck in the same fashion rut and I'm itching to shake free from it. I love classic pieces but I have always been drawn to funky/edgy pieces as well. I think it is time that I (and all of us) should stop caring about what others think of what we wear. Who cares if people don't like it? If you like it then that is all that matters. 

I ordered a dress a little while ago that is SO me but is something I normally wouldn't buy for myself. I think it was one of those, 'Oh this is a little too out there for some people,' but then I thought to myself, 'Who cares?!' I love it and it won't be for everyone but, like I said, it doesn't matter. 

This isn't to say that I don't love classic, girly pieces. I love every single piece pictured above and would wear them in an instant. I think the point that I'm trying to make is that I'm tired of holding back from things that I love because I worry about what others will think. Does that make me insecure in a way? Maybe. But I think we might all have that feeling within us.

Embrace who you are. Wear whatever you want. And if someone doesn't like it, too bad, so sad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment