When Black Friday Comes

I will be the first to admit I am not a fan of Black Friday shopping. I would rather spend the day after Thanksgiving blissfully eating leftovers and going in and out of a turkey coma. I may even rally at some point and attempt some sort of work out to wash away the guilt that almost always follows a holiday wholly devoted to overeating. 

My children are adults, so I don't have wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat wondering if I will ever to be able to find that one elusive toy or gadget that was on their Santa wish list. Thankfully, my children were not demanding spoiled little brats. I would not tolerate that type of attitude from my descendants. 

Ready or not, the Christmas season, or the time we celebrate Christ's birthday, which has been hijacked by rampant materialism is upon us. If you do insist on driving yourself mad and participating in the Black Friday mess, follow the link below for my Black Friday Survivlal Guide.

http://www.examiner.com/article/black-friday-survival-guide


I wrote this article a few years ago, but the advise is still good. Besides, I get about a penny for every hit on that blog, and well, it is Christmas and mama needs some new boots!

Happy Thanksgiving!  Make the most of the holiday. Enjoy time with your family and those who mean the most to you.

If you do insist on engaging in the Black Friday madness, remember your manners, and do try to be civilized. A little kindness goes a long way. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment